- 130g Rice krispies
- 125g white marshmallows
- 750g vanilla/chocolate/strawberry ice cream, slightly soft
- Milk chocolate, melted
- Multicoloured sprinkles
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment or cling.
- Evenly spread the ice cream into the tray approximately 1” in thickness.
- Cover with cling/parchment and place in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hr. Once set, remove from the tin and place on a tray (with the ice cream still wrapped up), and pop back into the freezer. Clean the square tin out and line again ready for the Rice Krispies.
- Set a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water add the marshmallows and allow to melt.
- Pour into a large bowl along with the Rice Krispies and mix well. Spread half of the Rice Krispie mixture into the empty tin, making sure you smooth down and create an even layer.
- Remove the ice cream block from the freezer, unwrap and place on top of the Rice Krispie base.
- Top with the remaining Rice Krispies and carefully press down to compress. Place a sheet of parchment on top and smooth out the Rice Krispies.
- Pop back into the freezer for a minimum of an hour before cutting into 12 sandwiches.
- To decorate, melt milk chocolate over a bain marie then remove from heat and allow to cool (but not solidify).
- Take each square and dip half of it into the melted chocolate, dip straight away into a bowl of colourful sprinkles. Allow to set before serving.