- 250g Ritz crackers
- 75g melted butter
- 75g demerara sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 150g butter
- 150g double cream
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 150g demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp of skimmed milk powder
- Generous pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 175 C fan and grease and line the base of a 20cm springform cake tin.
- Make the base first by placing half the Ritz crackers in a food processor. Blitz until fine. Add the melted butter, sugar and coconut and blitz again.
- Press in to the base of the lined cake tin and set aside to cool.
- Combine the butter, cream, sugars and milk powder in a large saucepan and bring to a oil, stirring regularly.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the salt and gently beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour through a strainer or sieve and set aside.
- Arrange the rest of the Ritz crackers in the cake tin to form circles (see attached photo). Pour the caramel custard over the top and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minute until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting so the caramel will set.