Roast Dinner Burrito
Leftover roast dinner? A giant burrito is the answer!
- 5 slices of beef
- Bit of leftover Yorkshire pudding batter
- 4 leftover roast potatoes
- 1 heaped tablespoon horseradish cream
- 2 radishes
- 3-4 cabbage leaves, or leftover greens
- 1 of each colour rainbow carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 80 grams frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- Squeeze of lemon
- Vegetable oil
- Start by cooking the Yorkshire pudding burrito wrap.
- Give the batter a mix if it has separated and pour into a measuring jug.
- In a 8 inch cake tin, heat up 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil and place in the oven at 200°C.
- Once its really hot and smoking, pour the batter into the tray, turn the oven down slightly and cook for a further 12-14 minutes until done.
- Boil a medium size pan of water and blanch the peas, followed by the cabbage, but keep them separate.
- You aren't really cooking the cabbage, just slightly softening it.
- Flatten the Yorkshire if it hasn't flattened naturally by leaving it and spread over as much English mustard as you like. Layer in the potatoes, crushing slightly as you go.
- Make a slaw by shredding the parsnips and carrots and mix together the peas. Add the juices from the beef, a squeeze of lemon and bit of salt.
- Layer in the root slaw, tear the cabbage and add. Top with the sliced beef, finishing with a dollop of horseradish cream and thin slices of radish.
- Wrap it up and dip in more English mustard if you like.