- 1 whole cornfed, free range chicken
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams sage, rosemary, thyme, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the whole chicken on a roasting tray, place your fingers into the neck to separate the skin and the breast meat. Insert slices of butter and a quart of the chopped herbs and tuck firmly down.
- Place carrot, onion and lemon inside the cavity of the chicken, leaving 2 slices of lemon to tuck inside the chicken thighs.
- Rub the skin of the chicken with herbs, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked though.