Roast Tomato Soup With Cheese Stars
We had some feels and we'd like to give them to you.
- 1kg tomatoes
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 80g cheddar, grated
- 80g mozzarella, grated
- 100g parmesan, grated
- Milk for glazing
- Half all the tomatoes lengthwise and crush the garlic in its skin with your knife.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the tomatoes and garlic in a large roasting tray with 2 tbsp olive oil, the vinegar, sugar and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile roll out the pastry, making sure to take from the fridge a bit before so it’s up to room temperature. Sprinkle over a good handful of the cheese over the pastry and fold in half. Reroll and repeat again.
- Using a small star cutter, cut out as many stars as possible and lie on a baking tray, sprinkle over any remaining cheese and bake for about 8 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Meanwhile blitz the soup. Serve with a drizzle of oil, the extra cheese and the stars.