Spiced and Honey-Glazed Roasted Aubergine
Creamy eggplant is taken to the next level with honey and spices. Delicious!
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 tablespoon dhukka (a Moroccan spice mix)
- 6 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- Handful of mint
- Pomegranate kernels
- 150 grams pine nuts
- 100 grams flaked almonds
- 75 grams parmesan cheese
- 100 milliliters olive oil
- Firstly, cut the aubergine into 6 wedges lengthways and rub with salt, pepper, olive oil and the dhukka and roast in an oven at 160degrees C for 40 minutes until tender
- Meanwhile, make the lemon and mint dressing by mixing the yoghurt with a handful of chopped mint and the zest and juice of one lemon.
- For the pesto, place the pine nuts, almonds, parmesan into a food processor and blitz to a paste. Gradually incorporate the olive oil until you have a pesto consistency.
- After about 40 minutes and when the aubergine is tender, drizzle in honey and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Assemble the plate with the dressing on the bottom, aubergine on top with the pesto and pomegranate seeds.