Rocky Road Cupcakes
Why have just one sweet treat when you can combine them both?
- 200 grams Plain flour
- 45 grams Cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 100 grams Soft light brown sugar
- 180 grams Caster sugar
- 80 grams Unsalted Butter
- 240 milliliters Whole milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Finely grated orange zest
- 450 grams Icing sugar
- 150 grams Unsalted butter
- 35-40 milliliters Whole milk
- Marshmallow fluff
- Mini marshmallows
- Maltesers, crushed
- Glacé cherries
- White chocolate
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the butter and two sugars until creamy.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl/jug whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add 1/3 of the wet ingredients into the butter mixture and mix on a slow/medium speed followed by 1/2 of the dry ingredients.
- Scrape down your bowl and beat in 1/2 the remaining wet ingredients followed by the rest of the dry ingredients. Once combined pour in the remaining wet ingredients.
- Once the mixture is smooth, evenly divide it into the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooled cut a small circle out of the centre of each cupcake and fill with marshmallow fluff. Place lid of cupcake back on top.
- For the buttercream sift the icing sugar into a bowl and beat it into the butter. Once sandy pour in the milk to combine.