Salmon Yakitori & Brown Rice Stir Fry
Salmon Yakitori, packed full of amazing flavour, a light and delicious supper.
- 2 skinless salmon fillets, cut into cubes
- 4 spring onions, 2 cut into 2cm sections and 2 sliced
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil plus more for frying
- 2 tsp ginger peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 75g podded edamame
- 1 pak choi, shredded
- 1 packet cooked brown rice
- Thread the salmon pieces and spring onions onto skewers. Mix the vinegar, soy, mirin and sesame oil together and brush half over the salmon. Leave to marinate.
- Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the ginger, chilli and garlic for a minute. Add the edamame, sliced spring onions and pak choy. Fry for a minute then add the rice and stir-fry until heated through. Season with a big glug of soy sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan to high and griddle the salmon skewers for 2 minutes on each side, brushing with the remaining marinade throughout cooking. Serve with the fried brown rice.