Salted Caramel Milk with Toasted Marshmallows
If you have a sweet tooth THIS is the recipe for you!
- Vegetable oil
- 3 cups castor sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 4 envelopes unflavoured gelatine
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Salted Caramel
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- To make the caramel, add sugar and water to a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, over a medium heat. Do not stir with a spool, swirl the pan instead. Bring to a boil and allow sugar and water to brown.
- Once sugar has browned to a medium amber colour, remove from heat and immediately stir in heavy cream and butter. Mixture will boil and foam. Stir well. Add salt and stir well to incorporate.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the milk.
- To assemble, place some of the marshmallows on a tray. With a blow torch, toast the top of each.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of warm caramel to each glass. Stir in warm milk. Top with toasted marshmallows and drizzle with more caramel.