Molten Sausage Bites with Baconnaise
Delight in this cheesy porcine treat that's perfect as a canapé
- 400 grams of good quality sausage meat
- 100 grams of gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs
- 500 milliliters of vegetable oil
- 3 rashers of crispy bacon
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- A few drops of hot sauce such as tabasco
- Grab a chunk of sausage meat and make a flat patty in the palm of your hand. Pop a square of gorgonzola in the middle and form the sausage meat around the cheese, creating a bite sized ball.
- Roll in the flour then pop into the egg, fully collating it before dropping it into the panko breadcrumbs. Roll the ball around and ensure it's fully coated with bread crumbs.
- Apply this method to the remaining sausage bites.
- To fry, heat the oil in a deep fat fryer / heavy based pan. Drop a bread crumb into the oil to see if it's hot enough; it should sizzle.
- Cook the sausage bites in batches of three and transfer onto kitchen paper once done to drain.
- To make the baconnaise, finely chop the bacon and mix into the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and the hot sauce. Serve immediately.