Giant Chilli Sausage Roll with Spiced Mayo
Jack's recreating a high street classic. Do you remember this sausage roll?
- 800 grams pork sausage meat (you may not need all of this)
- 1 handful dried apricots, chopped
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- 1 handful green pistachios
- 1 handful panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 handful coriander, chopped
- 1x ready rolled all butter sheet puff pastry
- 2 x eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime juice and zest
- Coriander, chopped
- Combine all of the filling ingredients together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the filling across some flattened cling film and roll it over using the film to form a cylindrical shape.
- Place the mix on top of your pastry. Egg wash the exposed sides and roll up, pushing the edges down and trimming off any excess pastry. Crimp the edges with a fork, brush with egg wash and top with sea salt and a few extra fennel seeds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 190°C or until the pastry is golden and the meat is piping throughout.
- To make the mayo, simply combine all the ingredients and serve.