Savoury Jammie Dodgers
Surprise your tastebuds with this unlikely twist of a British classic
- 250 grams plain flour
- 50 grams ground almonds
- 100 grams soft butter
- 35 milliliters water
- 1 whole egg
- 5 grams salt
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 pcs cardamom
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl, add 1 whole egg and mix until a dough consistency, if required add water
- Place in cling film and chill in fridge for half an hour. Once firm roll out to 1/2 centimeters thickness and cut shapes 4 with hearts in middle
- Bake at 160 degrees for 20 minutes until light golden
- For the Tomato Jam
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add cardamom seeds and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt.
- Deglaze with red wine vinegar and cook uncovered for 1-2 hours stirring frequently, until all liquid has evaporated
- Add half a spoon to the biscuit bases (the ones without hearts) and place the biscuit tops (the ones with the hearts) on top. Press down.