Scotch Creme Egg
It just wouldn't be Easter if we weren't putting creme eggs in everything...
- 175 grams softened unsalted butter
- 175 grams caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 120 grams self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 grams cocoa powder
- 120 grams softened unsalted butter
- 120 grams icing sugar
- 6 Crème Eggs
- 100 grams caramelised biscuits, blitzed to breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 160c and grease and line a 20 centimeters cake tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar then add the eggs, self-raising flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, spreading evenly and bake for around 25 minutes, until the cake is firm. Allow cooling.
- Remove from the tin and crumble in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add 75 grams softened butter and 120 grams icing sugar and mix until a firm dough is formed.
- Next, take handfuls of the dough and encase each Crème Egg. Roll in the caramelised biscuit crumb and pop into a fridge to chill.