Sesame Chicken And Scallion Roll Ups
Is this what they mean by, "winner winner chicken dinner?" Spruce up your usual chicken dinner with this Japanese negimaki-inspired dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 bunches scallions, roots trimmed and left whole
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan on med-low heat, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Place trimmed scallions in the mixture and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- Pound chicken until thin and dry well with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place a few scallions on one end of each chicken, and roll up the cutlets. Secure with toothpicks and slice in half
- Combine cornstarch and water with the cooled remaining sauce in the pan.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. Grill chicken rolls on all sides, while brushing on the sauce, until fully cooked.
- Serve with more sauce on top and a general sprinkling of sesame seeds.