- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of fresh thyme
- 11/2 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (for serving)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Shave asparagus stalks into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- Boil pasta in salted water. Cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile in a pan, sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Season with pinch of thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pour a ladle of pasta water to pan and add mascarpone. Stir until dissolved. Toss in asparagus ribbons just a few minutes before pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta and toss in the sauce.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon for freshness and sprinkle freshly grated parmesan.