- 185g butter
- 240g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- Pinch salt
- 450g cream cheese
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250g raspberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Make the shortbread by rubbing the butter into the flour between your fingers until completely incorporated, then mix in the sugar.
- Bring together with your hands to make a firm dough. Alternatively you can make this in a food processor - just whizz until a dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two balls - 2/3rd and 1/3rd and freeze the 1/3rd wrapped in some clingfilm. Spread the 2/3rds into the baking tin to create an even base layer and use the back of a spoon to flatten it out. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the cheesecake filling, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth and no lumps remain.
- When the shortbread has baked, remove from the oven and pour over the cheesecake mix. Scatter over the raspberries and then coarsely grate over the frozen shortbread.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 30 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Remove from the tin and peel away the baking paper. Use a sharp knife to cut the very edges off, then cut into 9 squares.