Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
Avocados are great. Shrimp stuffed avocados are even better! This makes a perfect appetizer for warm dinner nights with friends and family.
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Olive oil
- 11/2 tablespoon mayo
- 11/2 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1 limes
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2-3 tablespoons minced red and yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Splash red wine vinegar
- Handful of cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped whole from skin
- Season shrimp with spices, and brown in a pan with olive oil, until they begin slightly brown and turn opaque. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayo sauce by combining mayo, yogurt, juice of half a lime, orange juice, bell peppers, red onion, and a dash of chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- For the cilantro lime sauce, combine cilantro, garlic, juice of one lime, splash of red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt in a processor or blender.
- When shrimp is cool, roughly chop and mix into creamy sauce. 5. Fill avocados and serve on tostadas or lettuce. Drizzle cilantro lime sauce on top.