- 50 grams oats
- 70 grams buckwheat flour
- 30 grams plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 milliliters (for pancakes) or 310 milliliters (for waffles) oat milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Place the oats into a blender or food processor and blitz into a rough flour. Add the buckwheat flour, plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, flaxseed and sugar. Blend again to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until just combined.
- For pancakes: pour ~3 tablespoons worth of batter per pancake into a non-stick frying pan lightly greased with olive oil - I usually fit 3 pancakes into a frying pan. Cook over a medium-low heat until the underside is golden then flip and cook until the other side is golden.
- For waffles: Pour about 60 milliliters (1/4 cup) of batter into a greased waffle iron and cook until golden and crisp (in my waffle iron this is about 6 minutes).
- Serve with maple syrup if you fancy.