Chorizo & Cheese Skillet Bread
This cheesy chorizo dip and doughballs is the perfect party dish to share!
- 500g strong white flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 7g fast action yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml water
- For the dip:
- 150g chorizo
- 150g sweet cherry peppers
- 150g cream cheese
- 100ml sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75g grated parmesan
- 150g grated cooking mozzarella
- 100ml olive oil
- Mix together the flour and salt then mix in the yeast, add the olive oil, then enough water to bring it together into a soft dough.
- Knead by hand until smooth and silky, or in a stand mixer for 10 minutes.
- Put the dough in a clean bowl, cover with cling film, and let it rise for 1.5 hours or until it’s doubled in size. Meanwhile make the filling.
- Dice the chorizo and sauté until brown, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Finely slice the peppers.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, chilli, and salt.
- Add the chorizo and peppers and mix to combine.
- Add in the grated cheeses - keeping back a third of each to sprinkle on top.
- When the dough is ready, knock it back and roll out one third into a circle big enough to cover the bottom of your skillet.
- Divide and shape the rest into golf sized balls.
- Position the balls around the edge of the skillet, so they’re just touching.
- Cover, and leave to rise again for 30 minutes until they’ve risen by at least half.
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
- Liberally brush the dough with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the dip and bake for 20 minutes until the dough is brown and risen.
- Brush the dough with more olive oil immediately after baking.
- Serve hot, directly from the skillet (carefully though, as it will be very hot!)