Skillet Cinnamon Buns
These are no flash in the pan. In fact, they're cinnamon buns.
- 550 grams Plain Flour
- 225 milliliters Milk (Tepid)
- 75 grams Unsalted Butter (Cubed)
- 95 grams Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 7 grams Instant Yeast
- 2 Eggs
- 75 grams Unsalted Butter, soft
- 8 grams Cinnamon
- 100 grams Light Brown sugar
- 40 grams Cream Cheese
- 30 grams Soft Unsalted Butter
- 80 Icing Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the yeast into the milk, stir together and leave to sit for a few minutes. Whisk in the eggs to combine.
- In a stand mixer, add all of the dry ingredients & butter and with a dough hook attached, slowly pour in the wet ingredients and knead for 5m until soft.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and allow it to rise for an hour or doubled in volume.
- Once ready, knock the dough back and using a rolling pin, roll it into a large rectangle.
- Spread the soft butter on top of the dough. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and spread this evenly over the top.
- From the short side of the rectangle, roll the dough into a tight log. Cut into 1 inch discs and arrange the rounds into a buttered skillet pan.
- Allow to rise for 20m, then bake at 200c/400f for 10m or until golden brown on top.
- While cooking, mix the cream cheese butter, icing sugar and vanilla together.
- Spread the mixture on top of the cinna-buns as soon as they are baked and serve.