Slow Cooked Pulled Beef Sandwiches
These pulled beef rolls are perfect for family picnics and BBQs this Summer!
- 450g chuck steak, cubed
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 9 white bread rolls
- 1 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tbsp melted butter to brush
- Heat a pan with olive oil and fry the meat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté.
- Season with salt and pepper, add red wine and let evaporate.
- Add the tomato extract and the stock broth. Cover and let cook for approximately 40 minutes, or until very soft.
- Remove the meat, add chopped parsley and reserve.
- In a baking tray, arrange the bottom slice of the rolls, the meat, the mozzarella and cover with top halves of the bread rolls
- Brush with butter and bake in the oven preheated to 180 C for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the bread browns.