Smashed Pea Pancakes
This gluten-free breakfast dish will leave you wanting for more. The mix of peas, cheese and eggs all fall together perfect and create the perfect brunch.
- 125 grams cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 300 grams fresh peas or frozen baby peas
- 20 grams/small handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- 4 freshly poached eggs
- 40 grams feta, crumbled
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Small handful fresh coriander
- Small handful fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Chilli oil
- Put the cornflour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix together. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well to avoid any lumps. Then add the peas, mint leaves and chopped spring onion and mix through.
- Preheat the oven to 100C / 80C fan. Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add large spoonfuls of the pea batter, letting them cook for 3-4 minutes each side, until light golden brown and cooked through. You’ll need to cook them in batches so keep them warm on a tray in the preheated oven.
- While the fritters are cooking, poach the eggs and roughly chop the mint and coriander. Put the herbs into a small bowl with the spring onion, olive oil, salt and pepper - mix gently just to dress the leaves.
- Serve two fritters per person, topped with a poached egg, crumbled feta, a big spoonful of herb salad and a generous drizzle of chilli oil.