Smoked Cheese Risotto In Cheese Bowls
It ain't easy being this cheesy
- Makes two
- 200 grams risotto rice
- Knob of unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 125 milliliters white wine
- 500 fresh stock, chicken or vegetable
- 40 grams parmesan, plus extra for grating
- 110 grams smoked cheese
- Start with making the cheese bowls. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and grate over a good even layer of parmesan. It doesn't matter if there are a few small holes but don't leave any bigs ones. Place in the oven for about 4 minutes but keep an eye on it. The cheese needs to be soften and colouring but not dark. Take it out and whilst it is still hot, very careful fold and bend the cheese sheet over a small bowl and leave to set. Repeat to make another bowl and leave whilst you make the risotto.
- On a medium heat melt the butter in a pan along with the oil. Add the onion and let cook for about five minutes then add the garlic in to soften too. Once the onions are translucent stir in the risotto rice and mix well. Once all coated add the wine and stir, once evaporated, start ladling in the stock and turn down the heat. Stir continually, ladling in the stock a bit at a time waiting for each bit to be absorbed. This will take about 20 minute in total. Right at the end stir through the parmesan and the smoke cheese. Season to taste.
- Serve in the parmesan bowls and snap off the extra bits and serve in the risotto.