Smoked Chicken Wraps
You won't believe the flavour in these smokey chicken wraps!
- 400 grams Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 300 milliliters warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Good pinch fine sea salt
- 500 grams chicken, breast or thigh meat
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 beef tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- Small bunch of mint
- 3 inch piece of cucumber
- Start by making the dough. Mix together the flour and salt, and mix the yeast in half a cup of warm water with the honey. Mix for a few minutes in a freestanding mixer with a dough hook attached, if you have one. Then cover the bowl and place in a warm spot for 20-30 minutes so the dough doubles in size.
- While this is proving, cut the chicken into good size chunks and drizzle with oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and season. Set this aside in the fridge to tenderise slightly.
- Pick the mint leaves and finely chop. Peel the cucumber and scrape out the middle, and chop this too. Mix with the yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon and season.
- When it's time to cook the chicken you can either cook it the normal way, or you can quick smoke it at home, here's how. Get a large casserole dish and place a layer of tin foil at the bottom. Put two handfuls of wood chips on top of this, and then cover again with tin foil. Place a steamer on top of this that's suitable for this and then
- Place the pot on a high heat for 5 minutes or so.Cut the chicken into chunks and place on the steamer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until cooked through and tender.
- To cook the wrap, roll out the proved dough and cut into 4 equal corners. Re-roll these to create thin circular wraps.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and cook each wrap until lightly brown on both sides.
- Assemble your wrap, first with the yoghurt mix, then the salad, followed by the smoked chicken.