Smoked Salmon and Spinach Croque Madame
The OG grilled cheese gets a delicious twist
- Makes 1 great sandwich
- 40 grams unsalted butter
- 40 grams baby spinach
- Dash of double cream
- Handful of meltable cheese, like grated mozzarella
- 2 good pieces of smoked salmon
- 2 pieces of white bread
- 1 egg
- 30 grams parmesan, grated
- Place half the butter into a pan on a medium heat. Once melted, add the spinach and stir so the butter covers the leaves, and it begins to wilt. Quickly add in the cream and stir, add in the cheese, season and take off the heat. In the same pan add the remaining butter and place on a medium heat.
- Place one piece of bread in the pan to start to crisp and then you can build the sandwich with an even layer of spinach mix and smoked salmon. Close the sandwich with the other piece of bread and top with the grated parmesan.
- Place under the grill to keep warm whilst you fry the egg. In the same pan, fry the egg to your liking and then place on top of the melted parmesan. Delicious.