No one seems to know where this name comes from, but that's not important. These are outrageously good!
- 250 grams plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams butter, softened
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the coating:
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Makes 30 cookies
- STEP 1
- In a large bowl, beat together the soft butter with the sugar using a wooden spoon.
- Beat the mixture until they are well combined, but there is no need for it to be light
- And fluffy.
- STEP 2
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the butter mixture and beat again until all the
- Ingredients are smooth.
- STEP 3
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and pour them into the
- Wet mixture and fold using a spatula until a stiff dough forms.
- STEP 4
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease
- And line 2 large baking trays with baking paper or a silicon baking sheet.
- STEP 5
- Mix together the cinnamon and caster sugar. Use a teaspoon to roll balls of dough,
- Then roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar. Arrange on a baking tray.
- STEP 6
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until the mixture has spread out and browned
- Around the edges. Remove from the oven - they should look undercooked in the
- Middle - and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.