- 225g plain flour
- 150g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- Vanilla Paste
- Lemon Zest
- Fondant Icing
- ‘Space’ food colours - navy, purple, yellow
- Sugar syrup
- Silver edible paint
- Edible glitter
- For the shortbread: Blitz all ingredients together in a food processor until a dough is formed. Roll out to about 1-2cm thick and cut into circles.
- Place onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins in a 180°C oven until they start to turn golden brown. Leave to cool completely.
- For the fondant icing: Divide the fondant into 4 and colour each part in a different colour.
- Squash all 4 pieces together and roll out a long sausage shape. Roll it back into a ball and then roll out with a rolling pin onto a dusted surface. Until 1/2 mm thick.
- Using the same size cutter as the biscuits, cut out circles. If the biscuits are still hot, you can apply it straight on and it will stick, or brush some sugar syrup on the fondant before applying it to the biscuits.
- With a paintbrush, splat silver edible paint over the top. Finish with edible glitter.