Spag Bol Garlic Toastie
We've finally found the cure to all hangovers
- 500 grams minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 150 milliliters red wine
- 2 panini bread loaves
- 150 grams butter
- 3 large cloves garlic
- Handful parsley
- Handful grated cheddar cheese
- Handful grated mozzarella cheese
- Make the spag bol. Fry beef mince until well browned. Season well.
- Add in the onion, carrots and celery and sweat out for 3 minutes.
- Add in the tomato puree, the Worcester sauce and the wine and reduce.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, and 1 tin's worth of water.
- Simmer for 1 hour until reduced and cooked nicely. Chill
- Cut the paninis in half lengthways and stuff with the bolognese. Add a generous portion of cheese and close.
- Mix together the chopped garlic, butter and parsley in a bowl and slather on top of the Panini, making little insertions into the bread as you go to let the garlic butter permeate.
- Place in a Panini machine until the cheese has melted.