Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes
Do you ever want to turn your dinner into a dessert?
- For the spaghetti nests:
- 300g cooked spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 50g parmesan grated
- For the meatballs:
- 200g beef mince
- 1 egg beaten
- 30g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250g passata
- To serve:
- Chopped parsley
- Grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 180C Fan.
- Make the nests: In a large mixing bowl add your beaten egg, parmesan and stir together. Then add your cooked spaghetti and coat thoroughly. Take a 12-hole muffin tin and spray with cooking spray. Twist your spaghetti with your fork into a nest shape and fill each muffin hole. Using two teaspoons press the spaghetti into the corners and create a well in the middle. Place the tray in the oven for 20 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
- Make the meatballs: In a bowl combine the beef mince, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, chopped parsley and some seasoning. Mix this thoroughly and then roll into 12 even meatballs. In a large frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry off your meatballs, ensuring they are evenly golden on all sides. Once cooked, add your passata to the same pan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve: Remove your spaghetti nests from the muffin tray and place onto a serving plate. Carefully spoon a single meatball into each nest along with some of the sauce. Sprinkle some chopped parsley and parmesan on top and serve.