These super smokey mussels are the perfect winter warmer!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 milliliters Anisette or Sambuca
- 8 Cooking Chorizo Sausages
- 1 pound fresh mussels, scrubbed
- 400 grams tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2 packs of feta
- Double Cream
- Chilli flakes
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
- In a large sauté pan, cook the sausage until brown over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes. Add paprika, chilli flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the Sambuca, feta and parsley. (And cream if needed)
- Add mussels and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover, cooking until the mussel shells have opened, about 6-8 minutes.