- 1 whole small chicken
- 2 red onions halved
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 200 milliliters organic thick yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2inch knob ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Blend the marinade ingredients and cover the chicken pushing the marinade under skin and all over the place. Try and marinade for a full day or overnight.
- Heat a griddle pan and get it smoking hot, sear the chicken on both sides.
- Transfer to a roasting dish and cook on a bed of onions, on 180 for 40/45 minutes until juiced run clear. Cover with foil until last 10/15 minutes.
- Last 10 minutes remove foil pour over tin of coconut milk and put back in oven, let the skin brown and the sauce heat and cook down a bit.
- Serve with cumin spiced rice or cauliflower rice, courgette spirals and a leaf/herb salad.