Sriracha Chicken is the only way to eat your wings!
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks and wings)
- 100ml mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sriracha and mayo drizzle
- Juice of 1 lime
- Put the mayonnaise, Sriracha, salt and garlic and ginger pastes into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Trim any excess fat from underneath the chicken thigh pieces, then add all of the chicken portions to the marinade.
- Mix thoroughly, making sure each piece is well covered.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to marinade in the fridge for at least two hours, or overnight up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (fan).
- Place the chicken pieces, skin side down, in a large metal oven tray - keep any remaining marinade for basting.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then turn the chicken pieces over, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and baste with the remaining marinade.
- Cook for another 20 minutes then remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve the chicken with a squeeze of lime and juices from the pan as a dipping sauce, with fries on the side.