- 1 large russet potato
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- Large cast iron pan
- Peel the potato and slice into very thin circles using a mandolin, maybe half a centimeter.
- Heat the pan and add clarified butter. Then arrange the potatoes in a circular fashion.
- Press something heavy on top and let cook for 10-15 minutes on a medium flame (depending on your stove) - making sure not to turn it up too high and burn the potatoes.
- The slower this goes, the less char you will have and the more even crispiness. Also, the thinner the potatoes, the crispier they will be.
- After 10 minutes, take the weight off the top and season the potatoes.
- Continue cooking until they are translucent on top. Also, the potatoes will shrink a bit, so you can rearrange them to make sure there are no gaps in your design.
- Check for color, flip and season other side.