- Enough for 2 with rice
- 200 grams thinly sliced beef steaks
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon garlic puree
- 2 spring onions sliced, reverse a few for garnishing
- 1 peeled carrots, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Toss the meat in the cornflour and the Chinese five spice until it's evenly coated. Fry off in a very hot wok or frying pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilli and vegetables and coat for a minute with the beef. Quickly add in the soya sauce, sweet chilli sauce and rice wine vinegar. The sauce should start to bubble and darken. turn the heat down and unsure the beef is totally coated.
- Serve the beef with a sprinkle of the reserved spring onions.