Stir Fried Beef
Vietnamese stir-fried beef is your new favourite dinner
- 400 grams fresh banh pho (ho fun) noodles (if using dry, rehydrate the noodles first)
- 200 grams sirloin steak (or rump), cut into 5mm thick slices
- 120 grams mange tout
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Pinch of pepper
- Splash of water
- 80 grams bean sprouts
- Separate the fresh noodles. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan or wok until very hot then fry the steak, mange tout, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, a splash of water, pinch of pepper and garlic for a couple of minutes or until the steak is cooked as you like it. Then take off the heat and leave on a plate to rest.
- Heat the frying pan or wok to a high heat again with a dash of oil, add onions, stirring quickly then add the noodles, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Stir well for a couple of minutes and add beansprouts and a dash of water to steam the beansprouts. Stir fry for a further minute and pour onto a serving plate. Add the beef and sugar snap peas to the noodles and serve.