Strawberry Arancini with Mozzarella Centre
Balls of deep fried cheesy goodness....
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 250 grams risotto rice
- 600 milliliters vegetable stock
- 175 milliliters white wine
- 250 grams mozzarella
- 2 banana shallots
- 300 grams strawberries
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Plain flour
- Vegetable oil
- Start by making the risotto. Finely slice the shallots and heat a risotto pan on a medium heat. Add in the butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Once the butter has melted add in the shallot. Let it cook for a few minutes and soften. Once the shallot starts to go translucent add in the rice and mix with the shallots so the rice is fully coated in the melted butter. At this point add in the glass of white wine and let this absorb.
- Meanwhile make up the vegetable stock and start adding to the risotto. Add a ladle at a time and stir continually. Once you have added about half the stock finely chop the strawberries and add most of them to the pan with another label of stock. Let the strawberries stew into the rice and turn the rice pink. Continue to add the stock and stir until the rice is cooked through and begins to go creamy and season with a good pinch of salt. Add the reserved strawberries into the rice and they layer out onto a tray and chill.
- Cut or tear the mozzarella into 8 equal pieces. Take a serving spoon amount of the rice and place in your hand. Flatten slight and add in a mozzarella piece. Fold the rice around the cheese and shape into perfect circles. Set aside and continue with the remaining rice.
- Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls then roll the rice balls into the flour then the egg then the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil to 170°C and fry the balls for about 6 minutes turning so they go golden all over.