Strawberry Basil Sables
Have you ever heard about the love story between basil and strawberry? Well you have now
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 450 grams unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 600 grams plain flour
- 300 grams strawberries, roughly chopped
- 25 grams caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Beat together caster sugar, butter, basil and salt until light and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat until combined.
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into the bowl and mix into a dough.
- Split the dough into quarters and roll into tubes with cling film. Chill for about an hour or until firm.
- Remove clingfilm and slice into 1 centimeter discs.
- Bake at 175 for about 12 minutes.
- Leave to cool before filling.
- Cook strawberries and sugar on a low simmer for about 5 minutes
- Mix cornflour with a little water to form a paste.
- Add to the pan
- Boil, stirring constantly for about 5minutes until the liquid has reduced.
- Leave to cool before filling the biscuits.
- Fill a biscuit with a teaspoonful of strawberry jam and sandwich another biscuit on top.