- 1 large egg
- 30g caster sugar
- 30g plain yoghurt
- 30g milk
- 100g Japanese pancake mix
- 15g butter, melted
- Red & green food colouring
- Line each silicone cupcake case with a paper cupcake case which fits exactly inside. The silicone cases give extra strength to the paper cases and ensures they don’t absorb too much moisture from the steaming.
- Whisk the egg and sugar in a mixing bowl then add in the yoghurt and milk. Whisk until well blended.
- Sift in the pancake mix powder then stir in the melted butter.
- Scoop 2 tsp of the batter into a small bowl and mix with green colouring until well blended. It should be of a loose piping consistency, so if it’s a little runny add some more dry pancake mix. Spoon into a small piping bag and set aside. Scoop another 2 teaspoons of batter into another small bowl. Thicken if necessary then spoon into another piping bag.
- Add enough red colouring to make the batter strawberry red in colour then spoon into into 5 individual cupcake cases. Tap the cakes lightly on the surface several times to remove any air bubbles. Pipe green stems onto each top and white pips over the rest of the surface.
- Steam the cupcakes over the preheated steamer on a medium heat for 15 minutes or until the cakes are very domed and well risen and are firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool then serve.