Rhode Island Striped Bass
Byron is in Rhode Island foraging for sea life with Chef James of North Restaurant and then cooking up a basted Striped Bass and Potato Salad.
- 6 ounces Sea Bass fillet
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 teaspoons shallots
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First get a saute pan very hot, and add a bit
- Season the fish with a bit of salt and pepper
- Add fish into the pan, skin side down
- While fish is cooking, crush garlic, and a few sprigs of thyme - these are your basting herbs
- Add butter to the pan along with your basting herbs
- Using a spoon, baste your fish with the butter.
- Plate and enjoy!
- To make the potato salad: 1) First boil your potatoes, for around 5 minutes. You're looking for a blanch. 2) Chop up some parsley, shallots, creme fraiche, then zest a lemon, and add a bit lemon juice. 3) Take them out of the pot and let them cool, and cut them into 4ths. 4) Once the potatoes are cooled, add your seasoning and sour cream. 5) Lightly mix everything together - you want to keep your potatoes intact. 6) Season with salt and pepper