Sugar Free Brownies
Who knew it was possible to make such epic brownies WITHOUT sugar!?
- 500g Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 300ml of boiling water
- 200g unsalted butter
- 180g 100% dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 90g 100% dark chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 150g sugar-free raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180 fan and grease and line a 24 x 24 cm baking tin.
- Place the pitted dates in a sauce pan, add the boiling water and the bicarbonate of soda. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the dates and any remaining liquid in a food processor and puree till completely smooth.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together over a bain marie. Set aside to cool slightly. Add to the date mixture in the food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, pulsing each time until fully incorporated.
- Mix the almond, cocoa powder and salt together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add to the mixture in the food processor and pulse to incorporate. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the pan and pulse again.
- Place the mixture in to the pre prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- To make the icing, melt the dark chocolate over a bain marie and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the butter until soft and fluffy. Add the milk and beat again. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the raspberry jam and beat again.
- Once the chocolate is cooled but still pourable, add to the mixture and beat again.
- Once the brownie is completely cool place the icing on the top and serve.