Summer Pudding with Orange Filling
This Summer Pudding is the ultimate fruity dessert!
- 70ml orange juice
- 400g blackberries
- 300g raspberries
- 150g strawberries, tops removed and halved
- 2 whole oranges, peeled
- 100g caster sugar
- 9 slices white bread
- Place the orange juice and sugar in a medium pan on a medium heat and add in the whole oranges. Heat until it starts to bubble and the sugar dissolves.
- Add in the berries and let this cook down for about 7 minutes. Once ready, take off the heat and remove the oranges. Place the berries in a sieve and let the juice drip through into a sided baking tray. Chop one of the oranges into chunks and add to the sieve.
- Cut the crusts off of the sliced bread and place in the baking tray to absorb the juices. Meanwhile, line the pudding bowl with cling film, letting extra hangout the edge so it can be removed.
- Once the bread is ready. Place one whole slice at the bottom of the bowl, letting the edges creep up the sides slightly. Cut the remaining bread all except 2, in half to make rectangles. Layer these up the sides of the bowl slightly overlapping.
- Pour half the berry mix into the bottom of the lined bowl, then push in the remaining soft orange. Cover the orange with the remaining berry mix, making sure the sides of the orange are covered.
- Place on top of this, 1 whole slice of bread. With the remaining piece, cut into 4 triangles and use them to fill any holes.
- Place in the fridge to chill slightly and let the berries absorb into the bread before serving.