- 4 green garlics (or 2 cloves garlic, or 2 bunches young garlic)
- 2 hot peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- Char the green garlic and peppers over you stove top flame until each is black on all sides.
- Peel off the outer skin and roughly chop. For the chillis, take out the seeds if you'd like less heat.
- Put the garlic, peppers, Dijon, vinegar, egg and tomato paste in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground.
- Then turn on the processor and slowly add the grapeseed oil in a fine stream, and then the olive oil.
- Season with salt.
- Dip the fried sunchokes in the aioli and enjoy!