- 1 pound sunchokes cut into half centimeter ovals.
- 2 cups olive oil
- Heat your oil up to around 325
- Drop in one of your sunchoke slices, and if it sizzles, you are good to go.
- Once you add the slices, just keep an eye on them. It will take a good ten minutes to fry these through.
- Fry until they have gone past golden brown, but aren't burned… they'll continue to cook a bit outside the pan.
- Strain the oil. And set the 'Fries' on a paper towel.
- With fine grain sea salt, season liberally.