Sunday Roast Pizza
When it's Sunday but all you fancy is pizza, this is the meal for you!
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 4 large eggs
- 100ml whole milk, mixed with 50ml water
- 5 tbsp passata
- 400g firm mozzarella, sliced thinly
- Handful purple/green cabbage, cooked and tossed in oil
- Roast shallots
- Baby carrots
- Few leftover roast potatoes
- Roast chicken
- Cocktail sausages
- 8 slices provolone cheese/mozzarella
- Chicken gravy
- Bread sauce and shredded green cabbage to garnish,
- extra gravy on the side
- Make the Yorkshire pudding batter: Mix together the flour, salt oregano and parmesan in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing thoroughly to avoid lumps, followed by the milk. Leave to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan.
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil into a 12-inch skillet and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour the Yorkshire batter into the skillet.
- Drizzle the passata across the base and layer the mozzarella cheese on top so that it covers the base.
- Distribute the cabbage, shallots, roast potatoes and carrots around it, then top with the chicken, cocktail sausages and stuffing. Tear up the mozzarella ball and place on top before drizzling a few spoonfuls of gravy on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the base is cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Once cooked, drizzle bread sauce across the top and scatter shredded cabbage leaves over it.
- Serve immediately, with extra gravy.