Surf & Turf Mac n Cheese
Shrimp mac and cheese AND the perfect steak! What more could you want!
- Mac n Cheese
- 500g macaroni
- 1 1/2 pints of hot milk
- 50g plain flour
- 50g butter
- 300g mature Cheddar
- 200g Mozzarella
- 100g Gruyere
- 100g mild Cheddar
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable stock
- 1 Finely chopped (white or eed) onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g Mozzarella
- 100g mature Cheddar
- 50g Gruyere
- 50g Parmesan
- King Prawns
- 10-12 peeled and deveined king prawns
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Suya Sirloin
- 2 Sirloin steaks
- 2 tbsp suya spice
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- Salt to taste
- Coat beef with groundnut oil and cover with Suya spice and let marinade for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200C.
- Place the macaroni in a pot and cover with boiling water. Boil for 6mins until half cooked. Drain the pasta and leave to one side.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add stockpots and bring to a gentle boil. When boiled take off the heat.
- While the milk boils, melt the butter in a pot then add flour, to make a roux. (Be careful not to overcook, add 20g more butter if roux is too thick).
- Begin to gradually add the milk to the roux to make your white sauce.
- Season sauce, add cheeses and let simmer, once cheese has melted gradually add pre-cooked macaroni, making sure all the macaroni is coated in the cheese sauce.
- Place in dish and insert the king prawns tails up into the macaroni. Cover with the remaining cheeses.
- Place in the oven 30-45mins or until golden brown. Remove the steak from the fridge to come to room temperature.
- When mac n cheese is almost done heat griddle ready to grill your Suya sirloin. Once cooked slice and sprinkle with Suya and a side of the mac n cheese.