Sushi Doughnuts! Combining everyone's favourite food to create something beautiful
- 250 grams sushi rice
- 330 grams water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black sesame seeds
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- Coriander sprigs
- 2 avocados (ideally not too ripe)
- 1 tuna steak (supermarket is fine)
- 1 salmon fillet (supermarket is fine)
- 3-5 tablespoons milk
- Wash the rice 4 times, or until the water is no longer cloudy and starchy.
- Add the washed rice to the saucepan and add 330 milliliters of cold water. Bring to the boil, place a lid on and cook for ten minutes. Turn the heat off and leave to stand for 25
- Minutes. Turn out onto a tray and place in the fridge to chill.
- Mix the vinegar, salt and sugar together and mix through the cooled rice and begin using it.Lay a sheet of cling film into a small rum baba tin, and then push the cooled rice into form a donut shape. Tip out onto a board and repeat.
- Half the avocado lengthways, remove the stone and slice very thinly horizontally. Gently push the avocado at either end in opposing directions to straighten it out,
- And then wrap around to form a circular shape, similar to a rose/flower.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and then slice this and the tuna into thin sashimi strips.
- Mix the mayo and hot sauce together and transfer to a squeezy bottle.
- Assemble the donuts by drizzling parts in different sesame seeds, adding some of the tuna and leaving raw and some sliced avocado. In some sections, add a few slices of salmon and brush with a mixture of honey and soy sauce, before heating with a blowtorch to caramelise.