- 250 grams squid, cleaned and sliced into 7mm rings
- 1/2 onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 50 grams celery, sliced 1 centimeter thick
- 300 grams tomatoes, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- Half courgette, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 200 grams fresh or tinned pineapple, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 100 milliliters pineapple juice from can or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 birdseye chilli, half de-seeded
- 1 juice of lime or lemon
- Finely chop garlic and chilli and add to a bowl with sugar and fish sauce and stir.
- Heat a frying pan or wok until very hot. Add a dash of cooking oil, then stir fry the onions, celery and tomatoes for about a minute. Add the courgette and pineapple, stirring well while adding pineapple juice. Add the squid and fish sauce mix. Cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes, add juice of a lime and stir well.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.