Samosas are a perfect savoury dish but did you know you can make them sweet too? We've filled ours with marshmallows and chocolate!
- Spring roll (filo pastry) wrappers
- 150g apple pie filling
- 150g vanilla custard
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Small bag of mini marshmallows
- Melted clarified butter (ghee)
- Oil for frying
- Icing sugar
- To make the apple pie samosas, scoop a teaspoon of the apple pie filling onto the top right corner of a spring roll wrapper. Brush the edges with clarified butter.
- Now, pull the top left corner diagonally down to fold the wrapper into a triangle. Then fold the top right corner to the bottom right corner to form another triangle. Fold the triangle over on itself into the centre and do the same from the left edge to create a samosa.
- To make the marshmallow and chocolate samosas, place 2-3 marshmallows and 2-3 chunks of chocolate on the right corner of a spring roll wrapper and brush the edges with clarified butter. Repeat the folding steps as listed above.
- Repeat the same process for the vanilla custard samosas.Brush each samosa with a little ghee. Then, deep fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly golden all over.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Dust with icing sugar.