- 225 grams plain flour
- 150 grams butter
- 75 grams caster sugar
- Royal Icing:
- 200 grams icing sugar
- 1 (30 grams egg white
- Lemon juice
- Combine ingredients until it forms a dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface until 1 centimeter thick and using a heart cutter cut out heart shapes and put them onto a baking tray (no need for baking paper).
- Take out a small rectangle at the bottom corner of each biscuit.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and heat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the biscuits start to brown.
- If you don't want to put a royal icing, sprinkle with caster sugar whilst still hot and leave to cool.
- To make royal icing, whisk the egg white and icing sugar together and alter the consistency with lemon juice to make it spreadable. Colour accordingly and decorate when cool.