- 1.2kg boneless piece of pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 150ml apple juice
- 250g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 50g carrot, finely shredded
- 50g red onion, finely sliced
- 75g mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Make the pulled pork: Place the pork into a deep oven proof dish. Rub the spices and salt all over the joint, then pour the apple juice into the base of the dish. Cover tightly with foil and cook in the oven for 4 hours. If not completely tender and falling apart, then return to the oven and continue to cook, checking every 30 minutes. Remove from the oven then discard any fat or skin before shredding the meat and cooking juices together with two forks.
- Make the coleslaw: Mix together all the ingredients
- To serve: Griddle the cut sides of each brioche roll, then top with ¼ of the pulled pork and ¼ of the slaw.